Thursday, December 9, 2010

First!

Here's what I've decided to do. I like writing, but I don't actually write anything nearly often enough. I like taking pictures of buildings and places, but I don't do anything with the photos. I have been a member of art-sharing websites like deviantART (which just isn't for me) and Panoramio, which I still use sporadically.

I really, really like California. I've lived here all my life, and the sheer variety of landscapes and people and the abundance of natural and man-made beauty never fail to amaze me.

So here, I'm going to post pictures of the places I love, or otherwise leave me slack-jawed with awe. Most will be from California, but I may throw in some Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Italy, England, France, Spain, Morocco, or Portugal, once in a while. Some of the photos date back several years, but I will still be going about my world armed with my little red Samsung SL620, looking for good new shots.

I'll write in amounts ranging from one-line decriptions of said photos, to essay-length posts of news commentary, on issues affecting my family and myself, my city, county, state, and country.

I'll attempt to post at least once per week for now. I may be able to post daily, sometimes.
I tried blogging once before, but without a clear objective, and so I lost interest in it. I think this will not be the case this time. I have many subjects in mind, and some free time coming up, so here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment